Are you considering renting your property in Portugal? Then you should know that irrespective of your tax residency, this income needs to be declared in Portugal is not a matter of personal preference but a matter of law.

Also, if you are renting to tourists, it’s required that you have a Rental License (AL) and you need to be registered as a sole trader at the Tax Office as this activity is viewed as business activity and must be reported in Category B.

At AFM we can do all this on your behalf and make sure your property is compliant with the laws and pay the minimum tax possible.

For more information on short term lets, we recommend reading the blog article about this theme: ( )

If you are considering long term lets, please read this article: (

Do you have questions regarding Rentals or would you like us to arrange you a Rental License? Book your appointment today!